|Posted by Amy Park on October 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM||comments (0)|
My Top 5 Favourite Songs of All time
This is the list that I am least reluctant to post, simply because it is probably the most personal of all my lists - even including my top 5 saddest songs. It has taken me years to complile this list and it may even change again over the coming years. The only song that has never chnged since I was 12 years old is my number one favourite song. I can't explain why this is my favourite, it simply is. The remaining four may change but number one is unwavering. To anyone who knows me, it may even come as a surprise what my favourite song of all time is, but you like what you like. So this is me laying my muscial heart on the line and opening up to all who take the time to read this blog post. My top 5 favourite songs of all time. The first 4 are in no particular order.
5: The Smashing Pumkins - Today
4: Sonic Youth - Wish Fulfillment
3: Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness
2: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
and finally... my number one favourite song of all time is...
1: Oasis - Slide Away
So come on people, I've shared mine. Post your top 5 favourite songs and lets have a look at the lists.
|Posted by Amy Park on October 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM||comments (0)|
Ok so here I am once again with my top 5 lists. I realise that it has been quite some time since my last blog but I'm back with a new laptop and finally have an internet connection. This is a list I made up a while back and consists of the top 5 songs that always have me tearing up. so check it out and feel free to comment and add your own list of sad songs. Here we go...
1: Roy Orbison - Crying
2: Depeche Mode - All I ever wanted
3: Placebo - Pierot the Clown
4: The Everly Brothers - Ebony Eyes
and finally, the song that never fails to have me in tears...
5: Matt Monro - Softly as I leave you
Well there it is, my 5 saddest songs of all time. Post your own list and feel free to discuss.
|Posted by Amy Park on April 14, 2011 at 5:48 PM||comments (2)|
Ok, so here's my next top 5 list (I create a million of these in my head, I'm worse than Rob Gordon from High Fidelity). Here's my top 5 intro's to songs list, feel free to voice you own opinion.
Top 5 Intro's
1. Happy House - Siousxie and the Banshees. ( I love that it's quite creepy and chilling but perks up at the verses, makes the hairs on my neck stand on end -fantastic).
2. The Trial - Pink Floyd. (Even down to the sound of the courtroom door opening, this intro is another one that stimulates the folicles of my forearms).
3. Thunderstruck - AC/DC.
4. Immigrant Song - Led Zepplin. (Aaaa- aaa -aaaaa- aah, nuff said).
5. Teenage Dream - T-Rex. (It just starts as it means to go on, it's a classic and an underrated T-Rex song).
|Posted by Amy Park on March 26, 2011 at 5:00 PM||comments (2)|
Ok, so a slight move away from just gig and album reviews. I sit at my work and at home and run through song after song in my head and I have started to compile lists in my head. So I thought I'd share them and ask for your opinion.
Top 5 Guitar riffs of all time
1. Back in Black - AC/DC
2. Whole lotta love - Led Zeppelin
3. Smoke on the water - Deep Purple
4. Enter Sandman - Metallica
5. Sweet child o' mine - Guns n Roses
Not necessarily in that order. Opinions people. Enter your own top 5. Mine are below.
1.Barracuda - Heart
2. Back in Black - AC/DC
3.Bodies - The Smashing Pumpkins
4. Smells like teen spirit - Nirvana
5. All day and all of the night - The Kinks